Over the course of the last year, the team at Squab, along with sister companies Box-it Central and Squab Hall Farm, have been taking part in a company-wide initiative – ’90 Goodwill Gestures’. The inspiration behind this was the Queen turning 90 and so to mark this momentous occasion, we decided to carry out…you guessed it! 90 gestures of goodwill. Acts of kindness that, however big or small, would make a difference to others.
We created record cards and every time a colleague completed a goodwill gesture, they would complete and submit a card.
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve reached the 90! Here’s a selection of gestures that the team has carried out:
- Donating items to local charity shops
- Helping friends, family and neighbours with tasks around the house
- Supporting the Leamington Night Shelter by donating items
- Supporting the Warwick and Leamington Food Bank by donating items
- Raising £500 for The British Heart Foundation by doing a tandem skydive – carried out by Julie, a very brave member of the team!
- Donating boxes to local charities and organisations
- Making food for others to enjoy
- Helping with animal duties
- Organising for Rio Olympic Hockey Gold Medallist, Lily Owsley OBE, to attend Leamington Hockey Club junior training, inspiring young players – well done Richard!
- …The list continues!
While the initiative has come to an end, it certainly doesn’t mean the end for goodwill gestures – on the contrary! We look forward to continuing to support our local community.
That leaves us to say ‘well done’ to all the team! Here’s a group shot of us celebrating the big 9-0.