As experienced Warwickshire student storage providers serving Leamington Spa, Coventry, Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon and Kenilworth, we appreciate you have enough on your plate without having to think about the logistics of storing your belongings during the summer. That’s why we make the process easy-peasy, leaving you to focus on more important things, like studying…and well-earned holidays!
We’ve compiled our top tips for sorting your student summer storage, the easy way.
1. Get your student summer storage booked in ASAP for the best choice of dates
Simply head to our student storage page, complete the short form and submit your order.
On the quote form, you will be asked to select the following:
- Number of items. ‘But what is an item?’ An item is any one item that you can carry without any problems – 20kg or under. It can be a box, bike, chair, mirror, suitcase…
- Optional extras. Have you got packing materials sorted? If not, you can choose between a small or large student pack and the quantity needed
- Collection date and address. We will need this information, please!
- Return date and address. Don’t worry if you don’t know this at the moment
When you’ve completed the form, you’ll be given a quote. If you’re happy, complete your payment details and ‘Book now’ – simple as that! We’ll do the rest.
Tip! The more detail you can provide for the driver in the ‘delivery information’ of the payment section, the better. For example, do you have a door code? Are there any access issues the driver should be aware of? Where can they park in order to make the collection?
2. Prepare your belongings
When you’ve booked, it’s time to prepare your belongings.
Tip! Pack well. The better you pack, the safer your belongings will be.
- Use high-quality boxes and packing materials
- Don’t overfill your box
- For fragile items, make sure you use paper, bubble wrap and tape to wrap them securely
- For single items, such as a mirror, ensure they are well wrapped so they are protected during transit
- Make sure suitcases are securely sealed – they last thing you want is one of those dreaded airport conveyer belt scenarios with items sprawled out for all to see
Tip! Label each item – include your name, address and the date the item is going into storage
Tip! Make an inventory – a good idea if you have a number of boxes going into storage. Think of the time it will save later when you’re trying to remember where that specific book or item of clothing is…
Tip! You can buy additional boxes and packing materials from our Box Shop.
3. Remember the weight limit per item
As tempting as it might be to make use of every little space available in your box(es), please remember there’s a 20kg weight limit per item. If a box exceeds the limit it will be ‘split’ and incur an additional cost.
Tip! If you can’t carry an item, it’s probably too heavy.
4. Be available on collection and delivery days
It might sound obvious, but if you’re not there, we can’t collect/deliver the items and, as summer is a particularly busy time for us, it might be a while before we can arrange to come back. There will also be an additional cost. We do, however, try to be flexible and accommodate your needs as much as possible.
Tip! Please be available at the agreed time of collection/delivery.
The great news is that collection and delivery to the local area is included as part of the summer student storage package. This includes the following areas: Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick, Coventry and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Tip! If you require storage outside these areas, please get in touch as the process and pricing works differently.
5. Get your friends involved
Why not combine storage with one of your friends? Just remember, the booking will need to be made under one name and all items will be collected from/delivered from a single address. In other words, we can’t collect your items and then go to your friend’s address to collect their items – this would need to be booked as a separate order.
So, what are you waiting for? Head to the student storage page to get your student summer storage booked in.